Bhadrak Autonomous College , a source of hope & aspiration of the people of the entire Northern regn of Odisha situated on the bank of river “ The Salandi” in the mouza Jagannathpur & it is little less than one k.m distance from the national highway No-5. Now it is one of the premier colleges in the state of Odisha. Its vast greenish campus, conducive academic climate provide it a serene , idealic atmosphere . Since its inception, it is known as “Santiniketan” of Odisha because of its calm, quite and greenish atmosphere.
The establishment of such a premier institution in the District of Bhadrak is undoubtly the fulfillment of hope, aspiration , determination & dedication of many education loving people of Bhadrak such as Late Chhakadi Mohanty, Dr.Harekrushna Mahatab, Narendra Prasad Das etc . for whom, this institution could have been established in an area with rural background. From the day of its taking birth, the College with its rich cultural and literal heritage has been trying to provide quality education through dedicated, devoted & highly qualified faculties from all over Odisha and outside. It not only provides quality education but also provides input of good , moral character who can face any of the challenges in future. The college took its birth on 6th July 1948 with intermediate class in Arts only. Subsequently Science course started with construction of Science block in the year 1964. The degree courses in Arts, Science started in 1951 & 1961 respectively and Commerce in 1965.
Since then, college has achieved the multidimensional growth as regard to infrastructure, introduction of more & more Honors courses, P.G courses and in field of support services such as dispensary, NCC, NSS, Youth Red cross , Bank, post office, Cooperative stores, Gym. etc. The P.G programme in economics first started in the year 1979 & subsequently P.G courses in six other subjects such as English, Political Science, Urdu, Chemistry, Mathematics and Commerce started. The college was initially affiliated to Utkal University in the year 1948 and got affiliation to Fakir Mohan University after its establishment in the year 1999.
This is the only college in the state Odisha which is providing adequate residential facility to the girls students of this college. Now the college have seven hostels where more than nine hundred students are residing. Two more Ladies hostels are under construction by SC/ST Department, Gov. of Odisha and another by the Department of Higher Education ,Odisha. The residential accommodation in the campus has become a source of inspiration for many intelligent students of entire Northern region to carry on their study in this premiere institution. Similarly the substantial residential accommodation for teaching staff is another attraction for many young and highly qualified persons interested for serving in this institution.
It has taken many steps to introduce more and more self financing courses and redesigning of courses as per local need. Some selected self financing courses like Comp. Science (Hons.) in the year 2000 and B.C.A in 2007 were initially introduced. The self financing courses like MSW, PMIR, JMC started in the year 2015 and Bsc.ITM, BBA, MATHM in 2016. The Institution is making efforts for introduction of some new courses such as M.Sc. Comp. Science, M.Sc. in Physics, M.A. in History and Geology (Hons) . The opening of a IGNOU Study Centre in the year 1999 with an objective of democratizing of higher education to the door step of society is now considered as one of the best support service for the students who are residing in the college and who are in job and outside. Within a span of 16 years, the IGNOU Study Centre of this college has achieved the distinction of highest rate in enrolment in the year 2014-15 and for which the Study Centre has received recognisation from The Director , IGNOU.
Bhadrak Autonomous College having a sprawling campus of 27 Acres is located in the headquarters of Bhadrak district in the state of Orissa. It is situated at a distance of 142 kms. away from the State Capital Bhubaneswar. The College stands approximately 1 km. awayfrom National Highway No.5 and 4 kms. away from Bhadrak Railway Station under the East Coast Division of Indian Railways. The college resembles Shantiniketan because of its sylvan setting and peaceful atmosphere. The college campus has the look of a 'Gurukul Ashram' of the ancient times.
The climate of Bhadrak town is moderate throughout the year.
The vision of the college: “To be an advanced centre of learning, where pursuit of knowledge and search for excellence shall reign supreme unhindered by the barriers of caste, creed and religion”. To achieve the vision, the missions aim at imparting high quality education, developing appropriate skills for solving real life problems, inculcating the students with a habit of continuous learning, providing the students with equal opportunity without any discrimination of caste, colour, creed and sex, helping the students in unfolding of their creative abilities and development of their research temperament, fostering the qualities of good citizenship, encouraging the qualities of leadership keeping in view the challenges of time and societal responsibilities, creating an atmosphere for adoption of the principles of morality and healthy practices of life and interacting and remaining in close liaison with other institutions of higher education for mutual benefit. The vision / mission of the college is stated in the college calendar for the year 2014-15. Keeping in view the vision of the institution, the curriculum has been designed as follows:
• All subjects in Under Graduate Programme have been upgraded to honours.
• All the departments – U. G. and P.G. – have framed their curricula as per UGC guideline to maintain the quality of education, which will be at par with other institutions of repute.
• The curricula is revised and updated to enrich the contents.
• In order to raise the academic standard of the students and inculcate in them the habit of continuous learning, stress is laid on continuous evaluation, holding regular seminars and adherence to academic calendar.
• To enable the students to secure employment, self-financing course in Computer Science Honours and Bachelor in Computer Application have been introduced. Further, professional courses, viz., Master in Social Work, Master in Personnel Management and Industrial Relation, and Master in Journalism and Mass Communication have been introduced under PPP mode.
• To afford equal opportunity to students of different communities, M.I.L. subjects in Odia, Hindi, Urdu and Alternative English have been introduced.
• To foster the qualities of good citizenship and leadership, due weightage is given for students’ participation in NCC, NSS and other extension activities.
Since the inception, Bhadrak (Auto.) college performs the best possible effort as a mission of this institution to achieve the vision adopted by it. Following are the mission of this institution:
1. Assurance of quality of teaching through a feedback & interaction of the students by the faculties and Alumni of the institution.
2. To create harmony among the students, to provide academically conducive environment so as to develop the academic and competitive spirit among the students.
3. To enhance and facilitate the research activities in the college
4. To complete the course in schedule time and publish the final result strictly within 45 days from the commencement of examination so as to enable students to avail the scope of higher education anywhere in India.
5. To provide better employment feasibility to the students of this institution.
Bhadrak (Auto.) college, Bhadrak Odisha, will abide by all rules & regulations promulgated and to be promulgated time to time by UGC.
© All Rights Reserved - Design by Creative IT Care